2 Mar 2013

BDSM and the japanese tea ceremony


In SL there was an event with Geisha's and a Japanese tea ceremony. It was of course a couple of westerners trying to act something we really have no clue about. The experience itself was a kind of a miracle disguised in the cloak of the ignorance.





Why a miracle?

The Japanese tea-ceremony was imported from China. It is a ceremony of elegance, care, concentration and love. It takes time to learn to do it correctly. It reminded of good service, the concentration and focus on what you are doing for both Dominant and submissive. The peaceful care and the quiet way in doing things. Dominance is lovely when done in a peaceful quiet way. It is a ritual in power-exchange. When I serve, I will remind myself of the beauty of the tea ceremony.


To clear Your mind and focus on what You do. The serenity of the tea-ceremony cannot be compared to what I experience and feel during a scene. But that place of serenity that being all one with myself and the one I am with, perhaps there in lays the beauty for me. Perhaps I am ceremonial BDSM lover. The ceremony of giving my power away? Like giving in to the beauty and care of bondage. 



But ceremony is important to me, it is like some always ache for rituals. I like it. The ritual of being asked to kneel, the ritual of politeness, the quietness when in a scene. So even if we might not have known all, I noticed there was a kind of quiet serenity while we were playing out the teaceremony. An elegance came over us in attitude, sharing poems and the way we conducted ourselves.

No comments: